MHL Counselling Questions About Counselling & Therapy
Individuals, Couples or Adults over 18yrs old, regardless of culture, disability, gender, race, religion or sexual orientation.
M.H.L Counselling now operates online only.
Fees for counselling provided by MHL can be found on the fees page. Low cost options are available and dependant on circumstance.
Once you have had an initial consultation you would then normally be seen once a week on the same day each week.
Low cost counselling assistant is available for those on a low income. Please call Michelle on 07881 688 755 to enquire.
All sessions last for 50 minutes.
No, but all booked appointments are chargeable unless cancelled as laid out in the cancellation of appointments section outlined on the website and the email you would have received.
All cases vary, but 6 – 8 tends to be the average number of sessions needed.
Clients must provide MHL Counselling with at least 24 hours notice to cancel an appointment.
If a client cancels a session with MHL Counselling and does not provide at least 24 hours (1 business day *) notice prior to the time of the appointment, or discontinues a scheduled series of sessions, or is unable to continue a scheduled series of sessions, within the timescale you have agreed, MHL reserve the right to charge the full amount for the cancelled session and reallocate the time slot to another client.
When MHL 24 hours’ notice of cancellation has been given, MHL shall rearrange such appointment with the client for a mutually convenient date and time.
If you are unable to attend your appointment for any reason, then you should tell us as soon as possible and no later than:
– 24 hours before the scheduled start time for appointments of 50 minutes or less
* Please note that Sundays and bank holidays will not be included in these time frames so notice to cancel an appointment scheduled for a Monday or the day after a bank holiday must be given no later than the preceding working day.
All appointments and sessions cancelled later than the 24 hours deadline, allows MHL the right to make a full charge.
The following can be achieved through counselling:
- Increased Confidence
- Improved Communication
- Learn to explore relationship strengths and growth areas
- To teach partners to be more assertive and communicate better
- To allow partners to freely discuss their family of origin
- Improve sexual relationships
- Awareness of others needs
- Learn how to resolve conflict and stress.
- To be able to focus without conflict on future goals.
- Improve decision making surrounding, marriage, starting a family, getting back together.
MHL Counselling uses a Secure Email provider, this service ensures simple and secure emailing of sensitive messages, documents and confidential information.
Can’t find the answer to your question?
If you have a question please send us a message